We finally had nice enough weather outside to do some yard work. We’ve already been getting frost every night so I was happy to finally get the yard prepared for winter.
I pulled out the rest of the beets and leeks. Kurt worked the soil a little and then I planted three heads of garlic in that spot.
We also raked up about a million leaves. We filled two bins so that we can add them to our compost through the winter.
I also covered the bottoms of our strawberry, blueberry and kale plants with leaves. We are going to try to overwinter our kale. We will see how it goes.
Lastly, we made a new garden along the side of the yard. We mixed some leaves in the the soil, laid some newspaper on top and then watered it well.
These are all new things that we’ve never tried before so now we just have to wait for Spring to see if this all saves us any work!